Japanese Proverb.

"FALL DOWN SEVEN TIMES, GET UP EIGHT."



Friday, February 15, 2013

Tongue Twisters.



Tongue Twisters.


Tongue Twisters: A tongue-twister is a phrase that is designed to be difficult to articulate properly, and can be used as a type of spoken (or sung) word game. Some tongue-twisters produce results which are humorous (or humorously vulgar) when they are mispronounced, while others simply rely on the confusion and mistakes of the speaker for their amusement value.
Here there are some Tongue Twisters that can help you with your pronunciation. Hope you can enjoy it.
Have Fun!!!!


1.     Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

2.    I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop.
Where she sits she shines, and where she shines she sits.
3.    Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?

4.    There was a fisherman named Fisher
who fished for some fish in a fissure.
Till a fish with a grin,
pulled the fisherman in.
Now they're fishing the fissure for Fisher.

5.    There those thousand thinkers were thinking how did the other three thieves go through.

6.    Mary Mac's mother's making Mary Mac marry me.
My mother's making me marry Mary Mac.
Will I always be so Merry when Mary's taking care of me?
Will I always be so merry when I marry Mary Mac?

7.    Betty Botter bought some butter,
"But," she said, "this butter's bitter.
If I bake this bitter butter,
It will make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter -
That would make my batter better."
So she bought a bit of butter,
Better than her bitter butter,
And she baked it in her batter,
And the batter was not bitter.
So 'twas better Betty Botter
Bought a bit of better butter.

8.    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
And chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would
If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

9.    I cannot bear to see a bear
Bear down upon a hare.
When bare of hair he strips the hare,
Right there I cry, "Forbear!"

10.  I saw Esau kissing Kate. I saw Esau, he saw me, and she saw I saw Esau.

11.  She sells seashells on the seashore.

The shells she sells are seashells, I'm sure.

12.  Esau Wood sawed wood. All the wood Esau Wood saw, Esau Wood would saw. All the wood he saw, Esau sought to saw. One day Esau Wood's wood-saw would saw no wood. So Esau Wood sought a new wood-saw. The new wood-saw would saw wood. Oh, the wood Esau Wood would saw. Esau sought a saw that would saw wood as no other wood-saw would saw. And Esau found a saw that would saw as no other wood-saw would saw. And Esau Wood sawed wood.

 

2 comments: